This summer, the Rising Sun Energy Center’s California Youth Energy Services (CYES) program is offering Lamorinda residents no-cost energy and water conservation services through a partnership with Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), our local towns, and the East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD).
What is the CYES Green House Call?
According to the CYES website, the CYES Green House Call with their friendly and professional youth Energy Specialists consists of:
- A walk with you through of your Lamorinda home to look for energy saving opportunities
- Replacing all incandescent bulbs with FREE energy-saving compact fluorescent versions (which use about a 1/4 of the energy!)
- Installing FREE high-efficiency faucet aerators and showerheads (all the pressure without the water waste!)
- Inspecting all toilets for efficiency and leaks
- Checking the attic insulation of your home
- Installing a FREE retractable clothesline to reduce dryer use or a FREE power strip to reduce phantom load from electronic devices
- Installing FREE hot water pipe insulation
- Providing energy and water conservation education
- Emailing you a customized report after the CYES appointment
This CYES Green House Call program runs through August 6 and, as of this writing, there were still appointments available. Call (925) 388-6049 or sign up online to schedule your no-cost upgrade.
For more information about Rising Sun and its programs, visit www.risingsunenergy.org
# # #
Are you considering selling your home? Our “Free Green House Call” is available all year round. Contact Dana Green at Dana@DanaGreenTeam.com or 925.339.1918 to schedule a free consultation to discuss the value of your home and steps required to ensure you earn top dollar when you sell it.