Impeccable Happy Valley Retreat with Guest House
1201 Upper Happy Valley Road
5 Bed / 5.5 Bath
4,983 Sq. Ft +/-
Tucked off the street on a private Happy Valley lane, this impeccable retreat was designed by esteemed local architect, Mark Becker, and features European details, elite craftsmanship, quality materials, custom woodwork, and incredible indoor/outdoor living through walls of accordion-style doors. The thoughtful and well-balanced floor plan provides formal living and dining rooms, family-style eat-in kitchen/great room, 2nd family/media room, executive office, wine cellar, private bedroom retreats, and a detached guest house with full kitchen and bath.
The private .73± acre resort-like parcel allows for year-round dining, play and effortless entertaining! Premium amenities include an outdoor loggia, covered dining patio, fire pit, gated pool and spa, level lawn, lush gardens, and professional landscape.
This prestigious pocket of Lafayette is just 25 miles from downtown San Francisco and features easy access to town, shops, Michelin-rated restaurants, trails, award-winning schools, the Lafayette Reservoir, Oakwood Athletic Club, BART & commute routes.
- Formal living room with French doors to the front courtyard and gas fireplace with custom tilework
- Light-filled formal dining room surrounded by French windows and exterior door
- Spacious kitchen/family great room with rustic, open-beam ceilings, walls of accordion-style exterior doors, central dining space, and gas fireplace with custom tilework
- Chef’s eat-in kitchen with marble counters and backsplash, custom cabinetry, top-of-the-line stainless appliances (Thermador professional gas range with dual ovens and warming drawer, Miele oven and coffee station, Sub Zero refrigerator, dual Bosch dishwashers), large center island, and walk-in pantry
- Master retreat with gas fireplace, French doors to a private balcony, dual walk-in closets with built-ins, and spa-like en suite bath with soaking tub, dual vanities, and stall shower
- Junior suite with loft and en suite full bath
- Two additional secondary bedrooms share a “Jack & Jill” full bath
- Central 2nd family/media area
- Executive office with attached full bath
- 1,000 Bottle temperature controlled wine cellar
- Additional highlights include smooth walls, wide-plank European hardwoods, French wood windows and doors, custom window coverings, fresh paint, newer carpet, whole house automation system, Control 4 AV systems, indoor/outdoor speakers, Nest thermostat systems, and built-in front door camera
- Private .73± acre parcel with outdoor loggia, covered dining patio, fire pit, gated pool and spa, level lawn, lush gardens, professional landscape, outdoor heaters, and updated exterior lighting
- The detached 1 bedroom/1 bathroom guest house with full kitchen is a wonderful extension of the home and can be used for hosting short and long-term guests, an au pair, gym, or teen hangout – you decide!