Sustainable Lafayette Luxury Retreat
3428 Woodview Drive
5 Bed / 3 Full + 3 Half Bath
6599 Sq. Ft +/-
5 Bedroom | 3 Full + 3 Half Bathrooms | 5,788± Sq. Ft. Main House + 404± Sq. Ft. Finished Attic/Bonus + 407± Sq. Ft. Guest House with Full Bath | 4.36± Acre Lot | Built In 2000
This magical Burton Valley retreat beautifully marries understated elegance, prolific gardens, resort-inspired amenities for all ages, and an envied sustainable environment. It is not often you have an opportunity like this to be part of a vibrant community or retreat to privacy and relaxation all in the same day!
Inspired by the owners’ travels through Italy, Monterrey-based architect Hal Moseley designed the Mediterranean-style home in 2000 featuring custom arched wood doors, stone floors, aged tile roofs and high-end finishes throughout.
Stroll through the home’s picturesque grounds and you will quickly see why this is an entertainer’s dream. Highlights include vine covered pergolas, multiple seating areas, garden with raised beds, fruit trees, bocce ball court, putting green, level lawn, fire pit and outdoor shower - all centered around the home’s covered saltwater pool and spa.
In addition to the home’s five bedrooms, the flexible floor plan contains a pool cabana with full bath, finished attic space, and a bonus room with powder bath, perfect for home gym, private office or casual family room.
Environmental upgrades include oversized solar array that affords the homeowner virtually no annual electricity bill and 3 newly installed Tesla batteries that will provide uninterrupted off-grid power in the event of PG&E power outages including an 80 amp Tesla car charger.
Tucked in Lafayette’s desirable Burton Valley neighborhood, residents enjoy easy access to the Lafayette-Moraga bike trail, Buckeye Fields, local swim clubs, hiking trails, and top-rated Lafayette and Acalanes School District schools. To top it off, the home is located 10 minutes from Downtown Lafayette, BART, Hwy24/680 and only a 24-mile drive to San Francisco.
- Foyer opens to light-filled living room with barrel vaulted ceiling and cast stone fireplace mantel
- Formal dining room with barrel vaulted ceiling and French doors to outdoor patio
- Chef’s kitchen features Sub-Zero refrigerator, Viking range, farmhouse sink overlooking yard, walk-in pantry, stone counters, large island with chopping blocks, custom cabinets, stainless steel appliances and a built-in Miele espresso machine
- Wine cellar with room for 250+ bottles
- Light filled breakfast nook with bay window
- Stunning great hall with vaulted two-story ceiling, exposed wood beams, walls of windows, and grand staircase to second story balcony
- Dual wood doors lead to a bonus room with built-in media center, wine fridge, half-bath and French doors to outdoor fireplace and pool deck
- Relax and entertain in the terraced yard, with level lawn, saltwater pool and spa, garden and undeveloped hillside perfect for starting your own vineyard
- Lower level also features a second staircase, powder room and bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Expansive primary suite on the second story features French doors to a private balcony, sitting area with bay window, dual walk-in closets and a spa-like bathroom with soaking tub, step-in shower and dual vanities
- Second story also includes a junior suite with full bath
- Two additional bedrooms with skylights share Jack and Jill full bath
- Third story finished attic space, perfect for office or craft studio!
- Mud/Laundry room off four-car garage with laundry chute from second story bedroom wing
- Detached guest house with French doors, AC unit and full bath
- Half court basketball hoop that doubles as extra parking for up to 3 cars
- Chickens with oversized free range coop below pool area
- Additional Highlights & Updates Include: Custom milled wood doors, stone flooring, recessed lighting, built-in speakers, well-engineered concrete foundation, dual zone HVAC
- Exterior Highlights Include: Outdoor Viking grill, sport court, covered outdoor fireplace and seating area, private back patio with mature landscaping, raised garden beds with drip line irrigation, bocce ball court with kiwi vine covered arbors, level lawns, automatic pool cover, outdoor shower, solar panels with three integrated Tesla batteries