Lafayette Farmhouse with Acreage
977 Stow Lane
4 Bed / 2 Bath
2007 Sq. Ft +/-
4 Bedroom | 2 Bathroom | 2007± Sq. Ft. Main House + 224± Sq. Ft. Cottage | 2.38± Acre Lot
Tucked behind a picturesque white picket fence, on a treasured piece of Lafayette land, sits this incredible opportunity in the sought-after Trail neighborhood!
Perfectly positioned at the end of a private cul-de-sac, this updated single-story with detached studio sits on a nearly 2.5-acre parcel. This unique opportunity provides the ability to build a magnificent estate, create a family compound that will accommodate generations to come or move-in and enjoy as-is. If interested, Lafayette City approved plans for a Bob Swatt designed home available.
The property is dotted with majestic Oaks and provides privacy and views of Mt. Diablo. The tranquil and serene setting evokes a sense of small-town living, while the close proximity to top-rated Lafayette schools, commute routes, downtown Lafayette and Walnut Creek, and the prized Lafayette trail, reflect its ideal central location.
- Sun-filled living/dining great room with a pitched, open-beam ceiling, white brick fireplace, recently refinished hardwood floors, charming windows, access to the large view/entertaining deck, and beautiful views of the surrounding land
- The eat-in kitchen includes Calacatta marble slab countertops, Viking gas range with hood, stainless steel dishwasher, adjacent dining nook with built-in buffet, pine hardwood floors (most-likely from the original farmhouse), and access to the rear dining deck
- Primary suite provides wonderful views of the hills and rolling land, a massive walk-in closet along with two additional closets, en-suite full bath, and sliding door with access to the side deck
- The three well-proportioned secondary bedrooms (one with walk-in closet) share the secondary bath with skylight and stained glass window
- Laundry/mud room with Electrolux washer and dryer with access to front yard
- Detached studio includes electricity and a wood-burning stove making it ideal as an artist studio, office or gym – you decide!
- Generous views, privacy and stunning outdoor venues combine to create a majestic setting including a welcoming front porch, flagstone walkways, multiple decks perfect for dining, entertaining, stargazing, and relaxation, and multiple sheds and enclosed spaces under the decks for dedicated storage
- Additional Highlights & Updates Include: Fresh paint, Carrier digital thermostat, and newly re-finished hardwood floors
- Exterior Highlights Include: The open land evokes a sense of country living with the sights and sounds of nature while providing the rare ability to plant a vineyard, build a pool or tennis court, expand the current residence, build additional structures, house livestock, create an orchard or garden, or simply leave it in its natural state and enjoy. Property includes an un-tapped well (drilled to 600 ft.) with the ability to flow 25 gallons of water per minute for future use