Rare New Construction in Downtown Lafayette
967 4th Street
5 Bed / 4.5 Bath
3040 Sq. Ft +/-
5 Bed | 4.5 Bath | 3040± Sq. Ft. | .14± Acre
This exquisite craftsmanship is located in a prime downtown/trail neighborhood location! Designed by renowned Bay Area architect, Glen Jarvis of Jarvis Architects, and developed by Soto McClain Properties, this functional three-story home marries contemporary and traditional elements into a stunning example of modern living.
Inviting living areas flow through the first floor of the home including a living room, dining room and entertainer’s kitchen/family great room with high-end fixtures and finishes.
A central staircase leads to the second story bedroom level, including primary suite with expansive en suite bathroom and private deck, and three additional bedrooms. The light-filled third story includes a full bath, office/5th bedroom and bonus room along with a convenient wet bar and wine beverage fridge. The home exudes warmth and charm with custom millwork, European white oak hardwood floors and 9’ tall ceilings on the first floor.
This highly desirable central Lafayette location (seconds to Hwy. 24/680 and minutes to Lafayette BART) is a commuter’s dream, while the close proximity to downtown, shops, restaurants, top schools, Creekside Park and the Lafayette-Moraga trail offers amazing walkability in a suburban environment. This is a rare opportunity to own a new home in Downtown Lafayette!
- Covered front porch leads to Dutch door entry
- Living room with bay window and stone slab hearth with Town & Country Fireplace gas insert
- Oversized dining room perfect for family gatherings and dinner parties
- Magazine-ready kitchen with stunning Calacatta quartz countertops, central island with breakfast bar and pendant lighting, Wolf range and Zephyr hood, stainless steel Electrolux fridge and separate freezer, Bosch dishwasher, Allia fireclay sink, and custom cabinetry with Emtek and Ashley Norton hardware
- Kitchen is open to the family room and light-filled breakfast nook is surrounded by paneled windows with views of the delightful creek-side back yard with wooded setting
- Sleek powder room on first floor tucked under stairwell
- Primary suite with walk-in closet and Andersen sliding door to private porch and en suite bathroom featuring a freestanding tub, dual sink vanity with quartz counter, marble tile floors, and separate shower stall
- Secondary suite includes full bath with penny tile floors and shower/tub with subway tile
- Third bedroom with wraparound windows, modeled after the craftsman-style “sleeping porch
- A fourth bedroom on the second floor shares the full hallway bath with shower/tub and tile floors
- Laundry room in hall on second level
- Third floor features an office/fifth bedroom with built-ins and adjacent full bath with Japanese ceramic porcelain hex tile floors and skylight
- Bonus room on third floor perfect for home gym, secondary office or teen hangout (you decide!) with adjoining snack station with Zephyr mini-fridge, sink and microwave nook
- Additional Highlights & Updates Include: Built-in indoor/outdoor speakers, wired for cable and data (Cat6), Honeywell programmable thermostats with adaptive intelligent recovery, dual-zone HVAC, Andersen windows, Marvin Integrity doors, and oversized one-car garage with capability for future EV charging hookup
- Exterior Highlights Include: Fenced back yard with patio, level lawn, solar electric panel system, and Premier steel gutter system