Beautifully Rebuilt Downtown Charmer
892 Mountain View Drive
5 Bed / 3.5 Bath
3214± Sq. Ft +/-
This beautifully rebuilt downtown charmer offers a well-balanced and flexible floor plan, open and inviting living spaces, an appealing array of newer finishes, and perfectly placed skylights for wonderful streams of natural light. An entertainer’s dream, the pristine exterior showcases an incredible backyard designed by Peter Koenig which includes Bluestone patios, expansive outdoor kitchen, built-in fire pit, sports court, in-ground hot tub, and level lawn.
Boasting a high “walk score” of 75 (walkscore.com), this downtown home is perfectly located in the most walkable neighborhood in Lafayette steps to shops, restaurants, a variety of grocery stores, BART, Brook Street Park (a hidden gem!), the Lafayette Reservoir, and top-rated K-8 Lafayette schools!
- Spacious formal living room anchored by a gas fireplace with stone surround
- Central formal dining room with tree top views and beautiful natural light
- Eat-in kitchen/family great room with built-in media center and desk, gas fireplace, large dining space, and Andersen French doors to the backyard and upper sun deck
- Chef’s kitchen with granite counters, stainless appliances (Thermador oven, Bosch microwave, 5-burner gas range, beverage fridge), and abundant cabinetry
- Main level master retreat with charming bay window and window seat, French doors to the backyard and en suite full bath with dual walk-in closets with organizers, stall shower, soaking tub and dual vanities
- One secondary bedroom and adjacent full bathroom are located on the main level
- Three secondary bedrooms share the hall bath upstairs
- Additional highlights include perfectly placed skylights, crown molding, recessed lighting, hardwoods, stylish light fixtures, powder bath with laundry closet tucked behind a barn door, and 3-car garage
- Dream exterior with Bluestone patios, expansive outdoor kitchen and BBQ, gas fire pit with built-in bench seating, sports court, level lawn, flourishing gardens and landscape, stone walls, and in-ground hot tub