Custom Hidden Valley Retreat
810 Acalanes Road
6 Bed / 4 Bath
5271 Sq. Ft +/-
Built in 2008, this custom traditional is located in a private pocket of Lafayette’s coveted Hidden Valley. Nestled amongst the Oak trees, on over an acre of pristine land, this home enjoys incredible sweeping hillside views, a natural serene setting and expansive level land with multiple areas for lawn, play and entertaining.
Tucked beyond a welcoming circular driveway, the 5,271 square-foot home showcases generous-sized and light-filled rooms. Stunning features include Brazilian cherry floors, casement windows, crafted millwork, designer light fixtures, and seamless indoor/outdoor flow to a variety of outdoor spaces including view terrace, paver patio, lawns, and lush gardens. The main level consists of the living room, dining room, kitchen/family great room, master suite, and office. The lower level offers an abundance of flexible space that includes a large bonus/playroom, home theater, bedroom with en suite bathroom, and three additional bedrooms and shared full bathroom.
This Hidden Valley retreat is located in a sought-after and tranquil neighborhood. A mere 20 miles from downtown San Francisco, this convenient pocket of town is centrally located and close to Hwy. 24/680, BART, top-rated schools, the loved Lafayette Reservoir, hiking and biking trails, Oakwood Athletic Club, and both downtown Lafayette and Orinda.
Entry and Formal Rooms
- Slate tile porch, new stylish outdoor light fixtures
- Paneled front door with leaded glass insert and side panels
- Foyer with vaulted ceiling
- Formal dining room with bay window and built-in buffet with granite counter
- Formal living room anchored by fireplace with marble surround and wood mantel, windows matching the pitch of vaulted ceiling
- French doors to stone-tile view terrace
- Expansive family room, gas corner fireplace with marble surround, decorative dentil molding and wood mantel
- Casual dining nook with bay window and backyard views
- Gourmet kitchen featuring front-facing windows, massive granite slab island with prep sink, granite perimeter counters and backsplash, built-in work station, custom cherry cabinetry, walk-in pantry, stainless appliances including built-in oven and microwave, cooktop with stainless hood, dishwasher and refrigerator.
- Access to three-car garage and sliding glass door to side yard lawn and gardens.
- Private wing with views of oaks and gardens
- Walk-in closet with custom built-in jewelry drawers, cabinetry and organizers
- Master bath with travertine floors, dual sink vanity with granite counter, decorative tile shower surround, tub room with sliding glass door access to private deck and garden views
- Custom motorized Roman shades
- Additional full bath/powder room
- Expansive bonus room with built-in cabinetry and two single French doors to backyard paver patio, lawn, and gardens
- Home Theater featuring Epson home cinema, terraced seating, six plush recliner chairs, pull down movie screen, wall-mounted T.V., and surround sound speakers
- Junior suite with walk-in closet and en suite bathroom, single sink marble counter and shower/bathtub combination
- Three additional bedrooms with large closets featuring custom organizers
- Full bathroom with dual sink vanity, separate shower, bathtub, updated fixtures
- Terrace patio with hillside views off main level
- Paver patio with lawns, gardens, and walking path
- Expansive level lawn with perimeter garden beds
- Lower paver patio with lawn for play, gardens, and walking path
- Potential for pool, sport court and gated driveway
- Three-car garage
- Fresh interior and exterior paint
- Recessed and gallery lighting
- Lower level laundry room with granite counter, Samsung front loading washer and dryer and additional storage room with refrigerator
- Designer light fixtures