Modern Happy Valley Retreat
8 Valley High
4+ Bed / 2.5 Bath
4238 Sq. Ft +/-
Set amongst the oaks, at the top of a private Happy Valley lane shared by only six homes, stands this gated residence showcasing many recent renovations (2015/2016), amazing natural light through stunning walls of glass, open and inviting living areas paired with private bedroom spaces, and serene valley views from most rooms.
Offering the rare ability to retreat to privacy while remaining part of a true community, the nearly 1-acre property provides a peaceful sanctuary with incredible privacy while being only minutes from Hwy. 24, BART, Oakwood Athletic Club, Lafayette Reservoir, town and hiking trails! In addition, it is ideally situated close to Happy Valley Elementary in the top-rated Lafayette and Acalanes Unified School Districts.
• Newly remodeled (2015/2016) eat-in kitchen with quartzite countertops, stainless appliances, abundant prep and cook space, large walk-in pantry, dumbwaiter to the master retreat, and light-filled dining nook overlooking the exterior
• Inviting family room with built-in floor-to-ceiling library, wood-burning stove, elevated ceiling, abundant windows overlooking the patio and pool, and attached wet bar
• Formal dining room with built-in buffet and two-way fireplace leading to the formal living room
• Formal living room with an incredible wall of floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing filtered views of the home’s natural surroundings
• Executive office with double-door entry located on the main level (this space would also make a great play room or art/music studio!)
• Upstairs private bedroom wing featuring a double-door entry to the expansive master retreat along with three secondary bedrooms (one with attached bonus space) that share the remodeled hall bath with dual sinks
• The private master retreat features a sitting area with Regency gas fireplace, valley views, sauna, enormous walk-in closet with built-ins, and renovated spa-like master bath with EcoSmart ethanol fireplace, soaking tub on raised bamboo flooring, marble and granite slab finishes, dual sinks, and amazing built-in storage
• Additional interior highlights include a slate entry, LED recessed lighting, Hunter Douglas window coverings, hardwood floors, high ceilings, remodeled powder bath with granite finishes, remodeled interior laundry room with quartzite counters, sink and ample storage, ceiling fans in secondary bedrooms, dual-zone HVAC, dual solar systems (house and pool), and attached garage with an abundance of built-in storage space
• Nearly 1-acre peaceful and private exterior with refinished (2014) black bottom lap pool and spa with solar heating, wrap-around flagstone patios, built-in gas grill, enchanting rose garden, and rare gate access that leads to Briones Regional Park Russell Peak Trail