Premium Lafayette Land + Approved Plans
4163 Hidden Valley Road (LOT A)
Opportunity knocks! Tucked on a private Lafayette lane, and encompassed by natural surroundings, these fantastic build-ready lots offer the unique and special opportunity to purchase one or both vacant parcels each with complete plans fully approved through the City of Lafayette Design Review (a three year process and labor of love!).
These build-ready lots are located in an extremely convenient location, on the border of Orinda and Lafayette, with easy access to BART (including a direct bike path), Hyw. 24, the Lafayette Reservoir, Oakwood Athletic Club, top schools (Happy Valley Elementary, Stanley Middle School, Acalanes High School, Bentley Private School), and all of the amenities of downtown Orinda and Lafayette. In addition, the lot(s) may be included in the Woodland Hills Association which offers access to the nearby neighborhood pool and tennis court.
Property & Sale Features:
- Ability to purchase one or both vacant lots
- Each lot offers accompanying plans fully approved through the City of Lafayette Design Review board.
- Both potential homes are designed by award-winning architects, Siegel & Strain, who have been recognized nationally for beautiful and sustainable architecture. Features of the approved homes include:
- Each proposed home is planned for 2300 – 2500 sq. ft.
- Low-sloped metal roofs and wood siding characterize classic ranch architecture
- A main large roof provides a dramatic architectural impact and is purposeful in providing the largest space (facing South) needed to make the homes Net-Zero Energy (while providing ample rainwater capture)
- Main hallway providing clerestory windows for daylight and for natural ventilation of the entire house
- Masonry on the first floor and interior wall is intended to be Watershed Blocks - architectural masonry made from compressed earth which compliments the upper finish materials of either cedar siding or natural plaster
- Parking under the house is designed to minimize the footprint of the house and maximize the effects of cooler basement space
- A rainwater tank on the lower side of the house adds to the modern ranch look, while providing substantial rainwater storage
- Lots are accessed off a private lane, which will be shortly renamed Clover Lane.
- As part of the site development and property improvement, a split rail fence along both Blackthorn and Hidden Valley Road will gracefully identify the property, while adding to the modern ranch-style
- A disclosure package including documentation on the subdivision, onsite utility connections, survey, soils, arborist, and other reports is available
We encourage you to explore this rare and special opportunity to purchase vacant land with the ability to build one or two modern Net-Zero Energy ranch homes in Lafayette!