Magical Happy Valley Traditional
3702 Happy Valley Road
5 Bed / 4.5 Bath
4079 Sq. Ft +/-
5 Bedroom | 4.5 Bath | 4079± Sq. Ft. | 1.96± Acre Lot
New England charm meets California living in this spectacular Happy Valley estate!
Dazzle your guests in the light-filled martini room or the updated chef’s kitchen with new Caesarstone counters and Viking range. Dine al-fresco next to a vine-covered outdoor fireplace. Retreat to the primary suite featuring an expansive walk-in closet and en-suite bathroom with freestanding tub, marble shower stall and dual vanities. Soak up the sun while strolling through the mature gardens or lounging by the sparkling recently built pool.
The home’s three-story elegant interior features custom millwork refinished wide-plank pine hardwood on first floor, high-end kitchen appliances and new lighting fixtures. Nestled on a rare 1.96± acre lot, the expertly manicured grounds features a gated pool, level lawns, multiple outdoor seating areas and can be accessed by two gated driveways.
The colonial design has an authentic New England pedigree. When the original owners moved from Connecticut to California in the 1970’s, they brought the original plans from their 18th century home and rebuilt it in Happy Valley. Along with major upgrades in 2008, the result is a contemporary retreat that marries East Coast history with California soul.
Located in Lafayette’s desirable Happy Valley neighborhood, the home is just minutes away from BART and Hwy 24 and ideally located down the street from top-rated Happy Valley Elementary. Close to downtown, the Lafayette reservoir, Oakwood Athletic Club and only 20 miles to San Francisco.
- Inviting entryway leads to central staircase and hallway with custom millwork
- Light-filled dining room perfect for hosting large gatherings
- Updated chef’s kitchen with new Caesarstone counters, stainless steel Viking appliances (including range, fridge, warming drawer, dishwasher and microwave), central island with pendant lighting and windows that open to backyard bar-top
- Enjoy happy hour or a night cap in the martini room, adjacent to hallway powder bath
- Kitchen opens to great room featuring a gas fireplace with new marble surround, flatscreen TV mount and access to backyard
- Family room features walls of windows, wood burning fireplace, built-in shelving and space for a casual dining area with access to back patio
- Spacious primary suite on second level, includes a walk-in closet with dressing room and en-suite bathroom with freestanding tub, shower stall, dual vanities and marble accents
- Two secondary bedrooms with fresh carpet and lots of closet space share full hallway bath with dual sink vanity and shower/tub with subway tile
- Third story includes a private bedroom with two closets, sliding window to staircase, built-in dresser and French doors to Juliet balcony
- Just across the stair landing is a light-filled full bath with glass shower stall, and marble vanity
- Fifth bedroom on first level could serve as office or guest room, adjacent to full bath
- Laundry room off garage with sink, folding area and storage
- Expansive back yard with manicured landscaping, level lawns, mature rose cutting bushes, gated pool with automatic cover, private backyard hot tub, fenced garden, various fruit trees, tool shed and an outdoor fireplace with brick patio
- Additional Highlights & Updates Include: Dual zone HVAC with smart thermostats, solar panels tucked behind hedge, tankless water heater, built-in speakers with Sonos sound system, recessed lighting, crown molding, custom millwork, refinished pine floors, fresh paint on main level, and fresh carpet in bedrooms
- Exterior Highlights Include: Two-car garage with built-in cabinets, secondary gated driveway, outdoor cutting station and sink, vine-covered gazebo in redwood grove, Generac generator, and additional parking area doubles as sport court