Stunning Saranap Retreat in Park-like Setting
3565 Melody Drive
Walnut Creek, CA
5 Bed / 3 Bath
3365 Sq. Ft +/-
5 Bedroom + Office | 3 Bath | 3365± Sq. Ft. | 1.19± Acre Lot | Built In 1999
Retreat to this gorgeous, two-story craftsman home on a park-like 1.19 acre lot, nestled on a quiet cul-de-sac in Walnut Creek’s Saranap neighborhood. This is a rare opportunity to buy one of five homes in this sought-after enclave, built by luxury home builder John French in partnership with Branagh Development in 1999.
This newer construction home offers a well-designed floor plan with separate living, dining and workspaces downstairs. The light-filled family room opens to an enchanting, professionally landscaped backyard with play area, flat lawn, sport court and wall of mature trees leading to a seasonal creek. The unique property also includes an undeveloped stretch of land perfect for creating an expansive garden, bocce court or your own vineyard!
Saranap is a well-established neighborhood perfectly positioned between downtown Lafayette and Walnut Creek. Other nearby perks include the Lafayette-Moraga trail and easy Hwy 24 and BART access. Top-rated Acalanes Unified/Lafayette School District - Burton Valley Elementary School, Stanley Middle School and Acalanes High School.
- Living Room: Living room with built-in speakers, wood fireplace and large bay window
- Dining Room: Formal dining room with craftsman millwork
- Kitchen: Spacious kitchen with Wolf gas range, Subzero refrigerator, wine fridge, dual ovens, central island, granite countertops and sink that overlooks backyard
- Kitchen Nook: Breakfast nook with bay window, built-in desk and storage
- Family Room: Family room with gas fireplace and built-in media center
- Master Bedroom/Bath: Upstairs primary suite features walk-in closet and large picture window overlooking backyard. Updated en-suite bathroom with dual vanities, large shower stall and linen closet
- Secondary Bedrooms: Three secondary bedrooms share full upstairs bath. Fifth bedroom downstairs has separate entrance off front porch for possible au-pair or in-law unit
- Secondary Baths: Full downstairs bathroom with granite countertops
- Office: Double French doors lead into private office with built-in cabinets
- Additional Rooms (bonus, play, sunroom, theater, etc.): Bonus media loft at top of staircase
- Additional Highlights & Updates Include: Hardwood floors, plantation shutters, fresh paint, fire sprinklers, Milgard windows, updated laundry room upstairs with sink and storage, detached four-car (tandem) garage
- Exterior Highlights Include: Covered front porch, wood shingle siding, large backyard with stone patio and mature landscaping, fruit trees, tether ball pole, play structure and extended lot with potential to create your own outdoor oasis. Plenty of room for all to play and enjoy year-round!