Treasured Orinda Country Club Estate
30 Las Cascadas
7 Bed / 7 Bath
5630 Sq. Ft +/-
Main House: 5 Bedroom | 5.5 Bathroom | 4,570± Sq. Ft. | 2.04± Acre Lot | Built In 1941
Guest Cottage: 2 Bedroom | 1.5 Bath | 1,038 ± Sq. Ft.
On the market for the first time in 80 years, this treasured 2.04± acre Orinda Country Club estate is ready for a new owner to create their dream home! Owned and loved by one family, this oak-studded property was transformed from an empty lot into a magical oasis and was the backdrop of many family gatherings and celebrations. This charming, ranch-style home was built in 1941 and was remodeled and expanded throughout the years. The property also includes a two-bedroom guest cottage with separate, gated entrance.
Over eight decades, the owner and a team of expert landscape designers created one of the most impressive private gardens in the Bay Area. Featured in several publications, the grounds showcase an expansive display of horticulture and a thoughtful array of seasonal plants that bloom year-round. This one-of-a-kind property includes meandering rock pathways, terraced gardens, four koi ponds, pool, and rose garden.
- The light-filled main house has been expanded over time (enjoy as-is or create your dream home)
- Formal living room and spacious dining room open to sunporch
- Kitchen with high ceilings opens to sitting area with fireplace
- Additional rooms include a family room, mudroom and paneled den with fireplace
- Primary retreat includes two dressing room areas and bathroom with sauna
- Four secondary bedrooms and three full bathrooms complete the bedroom wing
- The private location features two gates on each side of the crescent driveway
- Expansive brick patio anchors the back of the home and is perfect for indoor/outdoor living
- Additional exterior features: Pool, level lawn areas and mature gardens showcasing camelias, rhododendrons, Dogwood trees, roses and more!
- The property also includes a two bedroom guest cottage with separate, gated driveway
- Located near Lake Cascade and the Orinda Country Club, this home is a short drive from downtown Orinda, BART, HWY 24, top-rated Orinda School District schools, and is less than 20 miles from San Francisco.