Top 10 Reasons Why 53 Oakwood Road is a Dream Home for Holiday Entertaining
November 7, 2015
I have started planning for upcoming family holiday entertaining, what about you? Maybe that’s why when I walked into 53 Oakwood Road’s bright and cheery great room earlier this week I immediately saw it with fresh eyes for the many reasons why this wonderful Orinda home is the perfect place to host holiday events.
Here are my top 10 reasons why 53 Oakwood Road is a dream to entertain in throughout the holidays:
1. Have you seen the Chef’s kitchen? Enjoy cooking with family and friends using 100% Miele appliances, including a 6-burner stovetop!
2. Easily keep others from being underfoot in the kitchen by staging starters, game foods and do-it-yourself meals on the oversized island.
3. Plenty of places for holiday meals – dining room that can accommodate a crowd, with the island and casual dining nook perfect for a kids’ table. Get lucky with a warmer day? Use the dining patio for mid-day meals.
4. Indoor and outdoor fireplaces extend the evening.
5. Use the downstairs bonus room for kids to play in, as the place to send the football crowd when things get loud or for staging a family movie night.
6. Flat side lawn and front patio are perfect for outdoor games.
7. Easily host your extended family for overnight stays: Put the in-laws in the guesthouse with full bath for healthy space. Stage a cousin sleepover in the downstairs bonus room, freeing up secondary bedrooms for adult guests. Close the living room door for additional private sleeping space.
8. Keep laundry under control, thanks to 2 laundry rooms – upstairs and downstairs.
9. Need guest diversions? There are lots of nearby options, including a movie or San Francisco excursion. Orinda Theatre Square and Orinda BART are located just a few minutes from the house, as is Orinda Community Park with its tot lot and other play structures.
10. Me-time for the host? Retreat to your spa-like master suite for needed downtime. You deserve it!
For more photos and all the details about 53 Oakwood Road, please click here. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a private tour, please contact Dana Green at Dana@DanaGreenTeam.com or 925.339.1918.